Thursday, January 28, 2010

No More Wire Hangers

When I was a kid I was obsessed with the movie Mommy Dearest. I would ask my mom if we could watch the movie about the mean mom.
Today as I moved a pair of pants from a wire hanger to a pants hanger I thought how funny it was that this should be my life.
I do admit to being a little OCD about hangers in my job. When I hang up a costume for a show it usually has a hanger that it goes on. Some things can go on wire hangers but if I'm hanging a suit or a pair of pants or a coat I tend to pick a better hanger. Pants on wire hangers drive me crazy and the fact that all of our pants hangers seem to be on their last legs is driving me crazy too. Seriously I have thrown out 4 pants hangers in the run of this show because they were broken.
Does the OCD hanger problem (which I think makes me a good wardrobe girl) stem from the fact that my parents weren't very good about monitoring my TV habits as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment