Saturday, March 3, 2012

Being Prepared

I haven't updated this blog in forever but I've been thinking about using this blog to share some of the tips and tricks I've learned from all these years of being a wardrobe girl.

The other day I had a nintern following me for the day.  She is working as a wardrobe supervisor at a summer stock theater this summer so she wanted to follow and see how things were done.

She was asking about about what to do in wardrobe emergencies. I explained that a lot of this job is thinking on your feet and being prepared to spring into action.

During that performance a pair of pants shredded down the center back and then crossways across the seat.  I had to stitch up the rip during a two song musical interlude then do a better fix during the intermission.  The intern got to watch the excitement.

Stuff like that doesn't happen every day but it is the part of the job that is really hard to teach.  The being prepared, staying calm and thinking quick when things like that happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment